TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - IMO this will be much easier to use and more flexible for
People Seeking Info

Subject IMO this will be much easier to use and more flexible for

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on February 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM
  This message has been viewed 508 times.

In Reply To So this will read sensors by tapping into the appropriate posted by Wright (Ca) on February 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Message a couple of reasons. First, you will be able to use this on any car where you know what the sensor inputs are and connecting to those inputs allow you to use the simulated sensor signals. No need for additional interfaces and drivers to talk with the consult connection which also would require you to have to do much more coding.

For example, to decode a consult signal for the maf, RPMs and ??? require you to have to receive two bytes of data, perform conversions of the bytes and then calculate the converted data to something the arduino can understand in order to work with in additional arduino code. And you also have to work with routines to connect, ask for the data and when receiving multiple sensor data you have to implement routines to determine what data belongs to what. It's a coding pain in the neck IMO.

I felt that going at it in this way would make getting everything going much faster and easier. Plus it's not that hard to connect everything together. And things like fuel, boost and oil psi will require hardware connections anyway since they are not reported by the ecu. You also only connect what you want to connect so you can make it simple or more complex. But mostly, I was thinking in terms of just being able to use this with many other cars.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Watch an ECZA meet caravan!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.